1. Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
2. How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
I added texture by using different thicknesses and shapes of lines arranged in different patterns. The differences in the textures made them contrast. It's important because it makes the piece interesting to look at, and defines different objects.
3. Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
White areas, open space, and small details were shown with negative space, like the highlights of the eyes and beak, and the parrot's face and feathers. Positive space/ink was used to show large, solid, and usually colorful areas.
4. Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
Overall its good, but there's a smudge and there's not enough ink in some places.
5. Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
Yeah, the parrot is the foreground, the tree branch is the middle ground, and the vines/open space is the background.
6. Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?one of the obstacles was that ink was getting in the small lines and not showing up in some.